Scripting, where to begin?

Discussion in 'Scripting and Programming' started by rnhr, Jun 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. rnhr

rnhr Standard User

Hi,

I'm having trouble finding documentation on Properties and Methods provided by MaximDl object in VBS.

This seems like a start, but I'm interested in the other 95% of the documentation:
    http://www.diffractionlimited.com/help/maximdl/MaxIm_DL_Properties_and_Methods.htm

For example, what properties are available on the Document object?

I feel like I'm missing some piece of information that will make things clear. Or maybe it's the tools... is there a way to debug the script when it is running? Or dump an object to see its properties?

Hulp! :)

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

First, hit the “Show” button so you see the menu. The properties and methods for eCh object are listed there.

Document object has the standard properties and methods as defined by Microsoft. Check the MSDN documentation.

VBscript doesn’t have any debug features except for displaying messages on screen. Visual Basic and other “real” languages generally have debug capabilities.

3. rnhr

rnhr Standard User

Hahaha, so the other 95% of the docs are lurking behind the "Show" link! Awesome!

Sir, thank you very much, I was completely blind to it. And also thanks for the quick response.