Seeing Monitor

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Preston Hooser, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Preston Hooser

Preston Hooser Standard User

I am having trouble with my Seeing Monitor model instrument. I can see it in device manager, and with CCD ops, however the seeing monitor software says no camera is detected. Is there a fix for this?

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Can you tell me what the camera is listed as in the Device Manager?

If you connect in CCDOps, then go to "Camera"->"Camera Info", what is the camera model listed as exactly?

3. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Ron Wodaski's Seeing Monitor Software, correct?

-Bill

4. Preston Hooser

Yes Ron Wodaski's software. However, after some experimentation I discovered that if Seeing Monitor software is run as administrator, it was able to find the camera. So solution to this problem is run Seeing Monitor as an administrator.

Thank you for your replies

5. Bill

Nice going Preston, thank you.

-Bill

6. Preston Hooser

Hi Bill,

I am coming back with this same issue. I am having intermittent connection issues with the Seeing Monitor software. It will start up just fine, then after a restart will no longer be able to find the camera. Then a few restarts later will start up fine again. I have two systems, on two different computers, and both have the same issue.

Any suggestions on steps to explore?

7. Bill

Preston,

I'd recommend opening a new thread and letting the Diffraction Limited guys have a go at this first. They can ask about your setup and see if there might be something going on there, before determining whether it should come in or not.

-Bill