Resolved SG-4 "No Movement Detected"

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Jeff Ball, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Jeff Ball

Jeff Ball Standard User

Had the first clear night to attempt to calibrate SG-4. Focus with Baader/AP guidescope was achieved with no problem. Using two separate stars at the instructed distance from celestial equator, I tried multiple times to calibrate with "no movement detected". I have an AP Mach1. Rechecked all cabling secured including autoguider cable from camera to the AP control box. I could hear relays clicking in the camera. The guide rate was set to 1x in the AP hand controller. I verified that a quick button push at 1x would move the star on the chip in all 4 directions. I have images and log files if those would be helpful. I also tried to calibrate at the camera with no luck. The unit I received was missing a nose piece, so perhaps I received a returned item? Thanks for any help on this.

Attached Files:

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

3. Jeff Ball

Jeff Ball Standard User

Thanks Doug for the quick reply. I had to get home to get the information.
    I will post a pick of the cable I used. It is the cable that came in the SG-4 box. The cable was in a bag with a green sticker with the initials ROHS. One clip is on the ridged side of the cable and the other is on the flat side. Is this the problem?
    The serial number is SG1805002
    I purchased from Oceanside Photo and Telescope.
    Thanks again for your help.

Attached Files:

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Okay I will follow up with our fulfillment department tomorrow and check on the above.

5. Jeff Ball

Jeff Ball Standard User

Thank you.

6. Jeff Ball

Jeff Ball Standard User

Just let me know if I can reverse the clamp on the cable. My local hardware store has the tool for $33.

7. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Yes you can reverse it, if you need to get up and running ASAP.

We're also sending you a replacement cable. And a nosepiece.

8. Jeff Ball

Jeff Ball Standard User

Thank you we have a nice night tonight. Really appreciate your help!

9. Jeff Ball

Jeff Ball Standard User

Doug thank you for your speedy response! I received the cable and nosepiece. Hoping to try out this weekend. Thanks again!