SGP Error - connection problem?

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Albert J. Seargeant, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Albert J. Seargeant

Albert J. Seargeant Cyanogen Customer

I applied Colin's suggestions

"Check Windows Power Management - USB Selective Suspend should be OFF.
    Check Windows Device Manager - Power settings for all USB device, USB hubs, USB root hubs, PCIe devices, to make sure [] Allow computer to turn off the device to save power = Unchecked, Disabled."

And they appear to have been successful; I got through a night of imaging using SGP with no errors.

Thank you, Colin!
    Jim Sgt

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Glad to hear this Jim. Have fun imaging. Maybe share an image or two in the Astrophotos section.

3. Albert J. Seargeant

Albert J. Seargeant Cyanogen Customer

Colin, I'm afraid that wasn't the fix. Last night I attempted another time series run and again was stopped by the OS_ERROR.

I rechecked all the USB power management and device manager areas as you suggested and they were all OFF or Unchecked/Disabled.

However, I looked at the SBIG USB Devices/SBIG USB Camera With Firmware Properties and the device status said "This device is working properly" .

Under Events there was the following messages. I tried many combinations of update via the SBIG driver checker, uninstalls, reboots, etc and never could get these device issues resolved.

Suggestions?
    upload_2020-11-12_10-4-58.png

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Jim,
    That device manager event list doesnt show us the interesting stuff - as you need to scroll it down.
    I'm pretty sure Windows isn't uninstalling the device on you, something else is going on.

I've re-written the tips into this article which is more thorough:
    https://forum.diffractionlimited.co...connects-turn-off-usb-selective-suspend.7848/

Please review, test, and let us know if there is still a problem.

Have you contacted SGP support for ideas?