shutter errors

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Jaber Ahmad, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Jaber Ahmad

Jaber Ahmad Standard User

Hi
    My STL-6303E showing occasional shutter errors, Is this a malfunction in the camera, Note that the shutter works well sometimes and sometimes not.

Is there a solution to this problem

I hope

thanks

Jaber

2. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Jaber,
    first of all, go to our FAQ on home page and there is an explanation how to check the Shutter Phase value
    of your shutter. I am not saying this will help, buy it may say something. There is also some test inside the
    CCDOPs - how to check "Energetize" of your STL shutter, but have to check if this is inside the user's
    version of this application or in production one.

Jan

3. Jaber Ahmad

Jaber Ahmad Standard User

Jan thanks alot

I think that the problem had been resolved by choosing (IGNORE SHUTTER ERRORS) in the command line options

• Press CCDOps->Edit->Preferences. You will see "CCDOps Preferences" dialog box.
    • Click a small rectangular button on the top right side of the "Select the options you want for CCDOps" label.
    • Close this dialog and you will see an "Advanced" menu item next to the Help one.
    Now my camera Shutter work excellent
    thank you Jan thanks alot

Jaber

4. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Jaber,
    this option only suppresses processing of this error, but maybe your shutter is all right. You will see ;-)
    Jan

5. John Hodge

John Hodge Standard User

I have an XCM-4000. At some point last fall, I had driver incompatibility issues with the new driver checker. I upgraded the computer operating system and the camera and cooler were able to communicate. Now I am getting a shutter error and I am still unable to take any images. I have not seen the shutter move at all when trying to take an image. I tried the camera with two different computers and I got the same error, thus I suspect that it is a camera problem.

Is there anything that I can do on this end regarding troubleshooting the camera's problem? Do I need to send it in for repairs?

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member