Simeis147

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Nov 12, 2021.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

Extra...Extra...Read all about it...? ORION SKYGLOW 2in. filter eats Spaghetti take-out . 'using' a 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) , using a TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener for an effect of 950mmFL ..... and using an OrionSkyGlow 2in. filter with a CanonEOSII RebelT7i modified UV-IR @ Hutech with a "CustomWhiteBalance using 'no-filter' and a Lens to make a 'black-card' image to be used as a "WhiteBalance - 'Custom-icon' for the 'color conversion" . I Aligned on El Nath with an Astro-Physics 1200GTO 2010 Mount and then I went to Simeis147 and I found a bright enough area which is this image . I noticed it had something visible with a 621secISO6400 RAWMonochrome FITS image taken through MaximDL Pro V6.16 Autosave Sequence with a 67secISO200 'flush-frame' first to remove possible 'banding' that can be seen with a 'High' 'screen-stretch' . I was using the DSLR's 'in-camera' 'Long Exposure Noise Reduction-Enabled' and the 'HighlightTonePriority-Enabled' for the necessary 'light' frames . This image is two RAWMonochome 621secISO6400 FITS and I stacked them as SDMask as Bin1 3.72micron origonal size images that were only had "ConvertColor" done to them . There was a lot of commands used till I got to look this way to show the HydrogenAlpha content and also the color of the stars . "Flatten Background" was needed and "Color Balance" and 'smoothing' . ********* With the OrionSkyGlow imaging filter there is a wide-band of OIII and some allowed green , yellow , and orange to the HydrogenAlpha that is strongly allowed . The Lumicon DeepSky filter is the same idea but it doesn't allow the green , yellow and , orange content . I think with the 'Custom-icon BlackCard' color conversorion in the DSLR helps make these color able to appear better . I don't know if Orion makes a SkyGlow filter that is larger than 2in. to use on a Lens or if there is an insert you can out inside the DSLR with that OrionSkyGlow as the filter ..?? .. but , what these two filters do allow is strong OIII and strong HydrogenAlpha all in one filter . x