Similar Setup

Discussion in 'General' started by Vincenzo Iodice, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Vincenzo Iodice

Vincenzo Iodice Standard User

Hello everyone, I have to consider the purchase of Maxim DSLR. Apologize in advance if ask questions that seem obvious, but i want to be sure of what i do.
    Last month download demo of Maxim, unfortunately for bad weather and work commitments i managed only once to try it with my current setup, so i was wondering if on the forum exist another amateur who has a setup like my, and can help me in the final decision.
    Currently i have a CPC 800 XLT mounted on Wedge HD Pro and Celestron telescope guide 80/600. As expose camera i using Canon EOS 1200D and ASI 185mc USB 3.0 port with st4 for guiding.
    I used the ASI as 185mc like camera guide with ascom driver, then i have connect via nexstar keypad mount of my CPC allways via ascom driver on the same notebook.
    From the only test i did Maxim drive telescope, but the chart gave me a fluctuating line, but i think i may have unwittingly set a too aggressive guide.
    So my question is simple, on forum exist users of Maxim that have my same setup or at least a similar and use maxim to guide and expose ?

Thanks and sorry for the English by google translator.