Resolved ST-10 Problem

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Michael Koenig, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Michael Koenig

Michael Koenig Cyanogen Customer

Hello,

I want you run a ST10 with a Windows7 Laptop - this Laptop is used to operate my SBIG STL / STX cameras.
    Unfortunately, I have a problem with the ST10 - similar to the subject of this thread.

Let me describe what is happening - and the somewhat strange behavior...

>> I use then SBIGudrv.dll from above - and copied the DLL to the C:\Windows\System and the %userprofile% folder

>> When I power on the ST10 and plug in the USB, the Laptop - following things happen:
    ---- The ST10 fan did not start
    ---- The driver "ST10 Classic Camera w/o Firmware" shows the error - Code 10 - device could not be started

[now it's getting strange ...]

>> When I use my old WindowsXP laptop, I can start the ST10 , the fan is working
    >> Then, with the switched on ST10, I plug in the camera USB to the Windows7 laptop, the error has gone
    >> I can operate the ST10 with the Windows7 and MaximDL

Does anybody have the same behavior with the ST10? Why needs the ST10 an WindowsXP to start?
    And how can I start the ST10 with the Windows7 laptop?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best wishes,
    Michael

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Michael, start a separate thread.

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Moved to separate thread.

The Cypress USB chipset in the ST-10XME does not have built-in firmware. Instead, the camera comes up on the bus with an ID (VIN & PID) showing that it has no firmware. The Cypress drivers detect this, connect to the camera, determine what firmware it needs (it queries for the actual VID & PID), and then downloads the firmware into the camera. The camera then reboots and presents the final ID to the USB bus, which causes the SBIG camera drivers to load.

This process is not working for some reason. The drivers / firmware must not be correctly installed. Please download, install, and run the latest version of the SBIG Driver Checker.

ftp://ftp.sbig.com/pub/SetupDriverChecker64.exe

4. Michael Koenig

Hello Colin - thanks for moving the posting - Isorry, I was not sure where to add it, as it is referring to the ST10 Driver issue.

Hello Doug,

I have the SBIGDriverchecker installed on the Windows7 PC - but I will check. Do I have to download the special DLL mentioned in the ST10 thread?
    Or do I just have to use the SBIGDriverChecker provided DLLs?

Best wishes,
    Michael

5. Michael Koenig

Hello,

I have now installed the lastest version of the SBIGDriverChecker. And also checked that the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM DLL-File is the newest one.

And then - after restarting the Windows7 laptop - the ST10 fan starts and indicates that all works well.
    So, my ST10 problem is solved thanks to Colin and Doug - much appreciated your support.

just an idea - maybe it is helpful to indicate in the SBIGDriverChecker programm - i.e. via a pop-up - that the version is outdated and there is an newer one - I refer to the version of the program, not on the version of the camera driver files.

Best wishes,
    Michael