ST 10 XME will not calibrate

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Dal Eaton, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Dal Eaton

Dal Eaton Standard User

I have, an SBIG ST10 xme camera and CCDSoft and CCDops, on a 12” Meade classic lx200 on a pier.

Problem: I can not get the autoguider to calibrate. After much time and effort I arrived at these four facts.

CCDSoft: / Camera Control / Focus Tools / moves N, S & W but will not move East.

CCDOps: / Track / Move Telescope / moves in X minus, Y plus and Y minus but will not move in X plus.

LX200: slew, find, cntr and guide – all 4 speeds move in all four directions.

TheSky6: / Telescope / Motion Controls / ( move & jog ) moves in all four directions.

( all checks are based on RA & Dec numbers on the Meade hand control )

I,m flummoxed ! Help or suggestions anyone ? Please

Dal

daleaton@hotmail.com

2. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

Are you sure the guider cable and pins are look good. Can you tone them out with a multimeter?
    I suspect the guider cable or one of the pins on the guider jack...

Have you checked the pins on the Meade CCD port on the panel. Maybe one is crooked?

3. Dal Eaton

Dal Eaton Standard User

Tim,
    Thanks for your prompt reply.
    All cables and pins checked OK. Your calling it the guider cable was my clue, I had just called it the CCD cable.
    When all else fails I check the manual. When I saw the CCD connector diagram I had my answer. I was using a 4 wire cable and I needed a 6 wire cable.
    Thanks for putting me on the right track. Now if I can get a star to show up on the autoguider maybe I can get my first deep sky image.
    Dal