ST-402ME Chip orientation and location of pixel 001,001

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Bradley Walter, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Bradley Walter

Bradley Walter Cyanogen Customer

I can't seem to find this information in any of the documentation I have for an ST-402ME What is the orientation of the chip relative to camera body and what is the location of pixel, 001,001 in that orientation.

Specifically, if I am looking at the front (side light enters) with the cable attachments on the top side as in the picture below, is the long axis of the chip right to left or up and down and which corner is pixel 001,001 with the camera body oriented as in this picture? Since I am remote from the telescope on which this chip is mounted as a guider I can't just take a few images and get the orientation. I have been told by someone who has used the camera that the long dimension of the chip is up and down in the orientation of this picture. That could be correct but it seems counter intuitive. That source could not say with certainty in which corner pixel 001, 001 is located SBIG didn't include this information in the manual for my STXL 6303 either and it seems to me it is something that should be included in all manuals.

Brad Walter
    ST-402ME.jpg

2. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

The long side of the ccd is L-R in relation to the picture. I'm not sure about the pixel though. Pin 1 of the ccd is on the right, towards the Guide Cable Connector, as you look at the picture but that doesn't necessarily correlate with that pixel. Pin 1 of the ccd, in the picture below, is indicated by the dot in the lower left corner.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

4. Bradley Walter

Sorry I had bad information. The camera is an ST-402XME not 402ME and the long dimension of the chip in this configuration seems to be oriented in line with the narrow dimension of the camera body, i.e. 90 degrees from the ST-402ME.

Attached Files:

5. Bradley Walter

Oops one of my attachments was not an image and didn't load properly Here it is. Doug, thanks for the KAF info. That helps.

Attached Files:

6. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Brad, your picture, ST-402XME Open_Web, proves my previous post to be incorrect. Sorry, I should've waited until I had a camera in my hands before responding. The picture shows that the long side is top to bottom. Pin 1 is the lower right corner.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015