ST-i Guide Commands Output Signals

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Patrick Fagen, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Patrick Fagen

Patrick Fagen Standard User

Recently bought a used ST-i Mono cam for Guiding. Running PHD2, and can not calibrate due to commands not received at mount from Cam. I have tried new ST4 cable and no help, so my list is down to how the check the ST-i outputs and how to test the mount St4 inputs.

The mount is new (CGEM) but could be defective, the cam may have been damaged by previous owner, or PHD2 is not actually sending the commands thru the Mac USB Bus. PHD2 is receiving a picture from the cam and exposure is adjustable and I can also open and close the shutter.

So my question is can I check the ST-i Guiding Outputs or should I send the ST-i to the repair center for evaluation and repair if needed?

Thanks in Advance for any help, Patrick

2. Oishiimsg

Oishiimsg Standard User

Hi, was any progress made on this? I too seem to be experiencing similar issues.

I purchased the ST-i Mono cam as well. It is connected to a CGEM DX through the autoguider port running PHD2. From what i can tell as well the guide corrections are not being received/sent. I have tried doing manual nudge commands using the manual guide tool in PHD2, as well as, Maxim DL, and CCDOps and all three seem to fail. I have made sure the drivers for the camera are installed on my computer (windows 7).

Any advice/update on this would be great.

3. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

4. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

and a shot from another Celestron manual.
    c21.png

5. Oishiimsg

Oishiimsg Standard User

Hi Tim. Thanks for the response and great find. I will see if I can find some rj12 ends today and rewire the cable according to the diagram you found for celestron. Thanks once again for your help!

6. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

I would double check this with Celestron on their pinouts. I saw two different diagrams from them.