ST-i Image noise?

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by zcdawson, Apr 2, 2016.

1. zcdawson

zcdawson Cyanogen Customer

I recently wired the obsy into the house and am using 100' cables. All my other hardware works except the ST-i. I thought I was getting noise from various power supplies but I unplugged everything and no luck. I have tried everything I can think of. The current setup is equipment to powered USB to RJ45 via CAT 5e to the house. I have a picture of what I am getting and I'm pretty sure it has to do with the distance as it works fine when I move the laptop into the obsy and test it that way.
    Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Zac

bad.jpg

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Extenders can be problematic with the high traffic levels of a CCD camera. It is also worth noting that the ST-I requires almost the full 500 mA power capacity of the USB interface. Check the specs on whether you extender supports that; if not then you may need a powered hub.

3. zcdawson

zcdawson Cyanogen Customer

I have a powered hub. I'm going to recheck everything because I was thinking it was low on power also. Thanks for working on Saturday Doug!!