ST-i issues

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Christopher Duffey, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Christopher Duffey

Christopher Duffey Standard User

Something else I noticed, possibly related, since the new driver install my ST-i images have a vertical streak pattern, I'm wondering if some timing parameter was changed in the driver that is causing both of these issues, image attached, this is definitely new since the driver update - the vertical pattern is stable and does not change from image to image - I can cancel these out with dark frames, but it is an interesting new condition

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. Christopher Duffey

One more potential clue related to the image download from the ST-i, while making new darks to eliminate the vertical streaking I observed that when PHD2 is capturing at 0.01 second exposures the image is "out of sync" - it is very repeatable and stable, but I've never seen this before the driver update - I notice at longer "short" exposures like .1 second an occasional horizontal line is seen, likely the same thing. If this sort of thing is happening to the images from the STF-8300M I could envision that some software might not be robust enough to deal with it - especially if the software is looking to get information from the header and its not in the right place - attached is an image capture from PHD2 of the ST-i frame

Attached Files:

3. Christopher Duffey

FYI Rolling back to older driver and this behavior went away

4. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Could you tell me which version of drivers you rolled back to that worked, so I can inform our developers?

5. Christopher Duffey

V4.94 Build 1 is what is working for me now