ST8XME has blank (0 ADU) images

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Dave Lane, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Dave Lane

Dave Lane Cyanogen Customer

Hi,

My long time reliable ST8XME - that has not been used for about 18 months - now produces blank images (it does not matter if they are lights, biases, or darks) with zero ADU for all pixels.

My observatory had not been used since June 2014 - this month I started rebuilding my software environment with a new computer (the old Pentium 4 had to go!), so the drivers are all current.

Since I also have an ST9XE, I swapped the camera and it works fine (same software stack, same power supply, same cables). I also tried a different computer and different power supply and different cables - the camera still produces zero ADU images.

The only thing that follows the problem the camera and the driver version.

The other recent message from Whit earlier this week noting the same problem makes me suspicious that something changed in the drivers recently that is causing this problem?

Any thoughts?

--- Dave
    Burke-Gaffney Observatory (day job) / Abbey Ridge Observatory (night job!)

2. Dave Lane

So, just for fun, tried plugging the camera into the old control computer (WinXP, P4, drivers no newer then Feb 2014) and the behavior is the same - all zero ADUs. I thought I was onto something, but I guess not :-(

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I suspect it is time to contact Bill @ SBIG Service and Repair.

4. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Yes, it sounds broken. Send me an email Dave, bill@sbig.com, and I'll give you details.

-Bill

5. Dave Lane

Thanks - I'm writing the email now.,.