StarChaser Firmware Update

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by Colin Haig, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

StarChaser Firmware Version 6 released on 2020-10-23

This new firmware update is for all:
    SBIG StarChaser SC-2
    SBIG StarChaser SC-3 series off-axis guiding cameras.

It improves the performance of the StarChasers at lower ambient temperatures.
    You can find it on this page by selecting the StarChaser in the camera drop down list:
    https://diffractionlimited.com/aluma-fpga-firmware/

There is also an updated Diffraction Limited DL API driver set and config utility you will want as there are some performance improvements.
    Details here:
    https://forum.diffractionlimited.com/threads/dl-api-version-1-9-1-0-released.7789/

We also released MaxIm DL 6.24. Help... Check for Updates in MaxIm.

2. Frank Jones

Frank Jones Cyanogen Customer

Colin,

I'm trying to download SC-2 Version 6 firmware. I downloaded DL Config. When I attempt to download V 6 firmware, the screen fills with gibberish (odd symbols). I checked in download folder but found nothing for it. I'm running Windows 7. Any suggestions?

Frank J

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Right-click the link and select Save (actual text may vary by browser, but you get the idea).

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

You could also try a different browser.

5. Frank Jones

Frank Jones Cyanogen Customer

Thanks Colin. I managed to get it working. When I "saved" the odd character screen, it saved it as HTML. When I repeated the "Browse for File", I found the .bit file in download folder. Not sure how it got there but it worked.

6. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Saving the odd character screen is not going to work... that will likely produce garbage that can't be used as firmware.
    Doing the right-click Save As... should work, and produce the .bit file.
    I just confirmed Mozilla Firefox 83.0 (64 bit) works fine, if you need to find a better browser.