STF-8300 cooler no longer working

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Cedric Raguenaud, May 13, 2022.

1. Cedric Raguenaud

Cedric Raguenaud Standard User

Hi all,

I have a problem with one of my STFs: the cooler doesn't cool the camera anymore. It suddenly stopped working as the camera was installed on a telescope (weather has been bad this year).

I have checked that the order to cool down is properly sent to the camera and that the cooler is running according to the camera (via my driver). I've also tested with the NINA driver, and with SGP. They all report that the cooler is running, usually at 100% after a while since no cooling happens and the target temperature goes down, but there is no temperature change in the sensor.

The temperature sensor itself works because the temperature goes down slightly with the ambiant temperature.

The (single) fan is working well.

I tested 2 power supplies (12v 5A) as well as the original one (12V 1A). I have split the pin on the camera side to increase contact, to no effect.

The camera and the FW otherwise work fine.

Is there anything else I could try to diagnose the issue? What could it be?

Thanks.

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

The correct original one was more than 1A - so that's not the right power supply.
    Please drop an email to Bill (at) SBIG (dot) com for assistance.

3. Cedric Raguenaud

Cedric Raguenaud Standard User

Thanks Colin.