Staff Assigned: Tim STF 8300C Problem

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Aster Niel Abellano, Jun 6, 2024.

1. Aster Niel Abellano

Aster Niel Abellano Standard User

hello, i had this same problem with out STF-8300M and STF-8300C. May I know if the problem is solvable or is RMA still necessary?

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I've moved this to a separate thread, as it is a different issue.

Does your camera produce an output that is either all 0 or all 1000 ADU? If not then please post a FITS frame.

3. Aster Niel Abellano

Hello Doug!

Thank you for your immediate response. We are able to produce fits files for both units, but they are all black. According to the histogram, we are getting a value of 100. I've attached here the screenshot of the histogram. Also, I included multiple fits files we took from both units.

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Attached Files:

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

It appears both cameras require service. @Tim can help you with the RMA procedure.

5. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Was the camera working previously, and no longer works?

Have you tried using different capture software to ensure it is not a software related issue?

If you would like to send them in for service, please submit the following RMA contact form to begin the return process. Once I receive your submission, I can provide you with an RMA number and return instructions.

http://diffractionlimited.com/request-rma

6. Aster Niel Abellano

Hello,

Thank you for your response, Doug and Tim.

Both camera's were working before. We also tried using SharpCap but that doesn't work also.

Regarding servicing of our devices, my location is in the Philippines. It might not be financially feasible for me to ship it to the US. Is there a way we can troubleshoot this remotely?

Though when I have extra funding, that is only when I can probably ship it there.

7. Aster Niel Abellano

Hello, Doug! Hope you are still there. Can I get an update regarding this? I appreciate your help.

8. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Sorry for the delayed response.

Unfortunately, no. There is nothing that we can do remotely for this issue. It would need to be sent in for inspection.