STF-8300C Unknown device

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Claude Roth, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Claude Roth

Claude Roth Standard User

Hello

I have a STF-8300C camera, after some TX timeout errors, I have changed the USB cable without result, the camera isn't recognized in Windows Device manager, there is a line "Unknown device"
    I have connected the camera on an other computer with the same result.
    The camera worked well the day before.
    All SBIG drivers are up-to-date. Windows 7 x64 also.

If you can help me I would be very happy, I have loaned the camera from a friend.

Thank you

Claude

2. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

I can't think of anything you can do Claude except to send it in and see if it can be restored. Send me an email at bill@sbig.com and I'll give you the details.

-Bill

3. Claude Roth

Claude Roth Standard User

Hello Bill

Thank you for the answer. I will send you an email.

Regards
    Claude

4. Joe Roberts

Joe Roberts Standard User

I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM today. Earlier today the camera worked fine. Then later, same problem as above.

5. Joe Roberts

OK... did something crazy happen today? I just tried my ST-Ic and it TOO won't work! I can see it recognized in Device Manager, but CCD Ops can't connect to it. It says "No camera can be found". I've tried 2 computers and no change. My STF-8300C stopped working today and now my ST-Ic won't work either. Did something with the software "break" today? I am DIW for imaging tonight.

6. Joe Roberts

Whn I go to "Driver Details" for the "unknown device" it says "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device".

Does anyone know if driver files ARE needed? I looked in the directory where they are supposed to be and there are no ".inf" files present.

7. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Odd for sure Joe. Software is not a strong suit for me but perhaps a complete removal in re-install might be worth a try.