STF-8300M shutter

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Ansis Zarins, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Ansis Zarins

Ansis Zarins Standard User

Unexpectedly, without any warning symptoms, shutter behavior has became strange. It now makes something like double exposure: first movement counterclockwise, opening CCD for a short time (~0.1 sec, seems just passing over open position without stop), closing, then opening again for requested exposure time. After exposure, closing is clockwise. Besides, trigger out (pin 8 of J7) signal has vanished completely, level on pin 8 (provided according to SBIG Application Note from February 1, 2005) remains high.
    Can You please advice, what might be gone wrong and how to restore functionality?

2. Craig Smith

Craig Smith Standard User

I can't comment on the voltage levels, but I think that is the way the shutter works to help ensure even illumination. Its how mine worked in the ST, STF, and STT models that I have owned. Maybe its always been like that and you never noticed it before (no offense intended!)?

Best regards,
    Craig

3. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

That sounds like normal operation. You can change it so it doesn't swing past though. Send me an email, bill@sbig.com, and I'll tell you how you can do it. I need to revisit it first.

-Bill

4. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

If you want to stop the shutter from swinging past the ccd before coming back and opening for your exposure, in CCDOps, under the Setup Menu, select STF-8300 Fast Readout.

-Bill