STF8300C w. MacOS BigSur?

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Torsten Elfhag, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Torsten Elfhag

Torsten Elfhag Standard User

Hi
    I have purchased a new MacBook Pro and need to install a new version of CCDOpsLite for my 8300C. The Mac runs on MacOS BigSur. Is there a version available?

Best regards
    Torsten Elfhag
    Stockholm, Sweden

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Hello Torsten,
    Which model MacBook Pro is it, which exact version of Big Sur, and which processor is in your MacBook?
    Sadly, Apple has put you and us in this position. It is not a situation of our making.

Very few people use CCDOpsLite, and it has become unsupportable.
    Over the past several years, Apple's changes have made it very hard for us to support the good old hardware on their latest equipment.
    Some of our customers have found ways to make it work on older operating systems with an Intel processor.
    Apple keeps tightening security, eliminated Kernel Extensions that SBIG drivers needed, then they forced a change to 64bits with Catalina, and now has abandoned Intel processors for their own proprietary M1 series CPUs.

So, no, there is nothing available at this time, and I don't know if we'll ever be able to come up with a business case to do this work.

Windows can still talk to the SBIG camera. You may wish to try running Parallels on your machine with a Windows 10 subsystem, if it is available for your processor and operating system.

Best regards
    Colin

3. Torsten Elfhag

macOS Big Sur 11.2.1. 2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5. MacBook Pro 13inch 2020.
    Torsten

4. Torsten Elfhag

5. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Thanks for the information.
    I will pass your request on to development for their consideration.