STF8300M purchase of a 3rd SBIG and I have a problem

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Fabien Tremblay, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Fabien Tremblay

Fabien Tremblay Cyanogen Customer

Bonjour, je viens de faire acquisition d'une 3e caméra STF8300 usagé, voici le problème lorsque je compare les images avec le même temps pose que mes 2 autres caméras j'ai une énorme différence de luminosité avec cette dernière, j'ai fait quelques recherches car j'ai déjà eu en ma possession une QHY qui avec l'Ascom nous devions aller ajuster le gain et l'offset, sur le logiciel CDDops les options de réglages pour le gain et l'offset est grisé donc inaccessible pour nous, j'ai le CCDopsD qu'Adam avait installé la dernière fois qu'il est venu dans mon ordi afin de réparer ma vieille ST8300; mais je n'ose pas jouer dans les paramètres de ma caméra sans trop savoir quoi faire, je suis donc tombé sur cette publication de Doug :
    https://forum.diffractionlimited.com/threads/gain-and-offset.6727/
    et j'aimerais si possible que l'on utilise cet outil afin de voir si mon gain et l'offset est corrompu dans les EEprom de cette caméra car seul le binning 1 semble avoir ce problème le B2-3-et 4 semble correct, dit moi Adam serait tu disposais à venir dans mon Pc en début de semaine réinitialisé ce gain et offset sur cette caméra .maintenant je comprends pourquoi la personne ne vendait pas sa caméra chère ...Merci encore pour votre excellent travail messieurs !

Hello, I just bought a third used STF8300 camera, here is the problem when I compare the images with the same time posed as my 2 other cameras I have a huge difference in brightness with the latter, I did some researches because I already had in my possession a QHY which with the Ascom we had to go and adjust the gain and the offset, on the CDDops software the setting options for the gain and the offset is grayed out therefore inaccessible for us, I have the CCDopsD that Adam had installed the last time he came into my computer in order to repair my old ST8300; but I dare not play in the settings of my camera without knowing what to do, so I came across this publication of Doug:
    https://forum.diffractionlimited.com/threads/gain-and-offset.6727/
    and if possible I would like to use this tool to see if my gain and offset is corrupted in the EEprom of this camera because only binning 1 seems to have this problem the B2-3-and 4 seems correct, tell me Adam would you be willing to come to my PC at the beginning of the week reset this gain and offset on this camera. Now I understand why the person was not selling his expensive camera ... Thank you again for your excellent work, gentlemen!

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

What is your camera serial number?

Please post images from the two cameras showing the difference - in FITS format.

3. Fabien Tremblay

Merci Doug je vais essayer de faire la prise d'image ce soir si le ciel le permet car je dois prendre la même optique pour vous montrer la différence, je vous enverrais le numéro sérié en même temps !

Thank you Doug I will try to take the image this evening if the sky allows it because I have to take the same lens to show you the difference, I will send you the serial number at the same time

4. Fabien Tremblay

Good evening Doug, finally account the guy has taken his camera and will contact you to have it checked, thank you for your time!