Resolved Sti camera cable slippage

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by John Thompson, Jun 20, 2020.

1. John Thompson

John Thompson Cyanogen Customer

I have two STi guide cameras in an Off Axis Configuration on two separate configurations. The mini USB cable to the camera keeps falling out when I move the rotators. Is there a simple solution to remedy this problem? I was thinking a drop of "Red thread" or even a touch of airplane glue. However, sometimes simple is also stupid ! What is the recommended solution.

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

I secure my ST-I cable to a nearby convenient spot using velcro ties. It keeps it secure. There should never be weight or dragging on cables.
    Our repair tech wizard @Bill may have a suggestion regarding the internal Mini-USB connector.

3. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

John,

You can try giving the connector a slight pinch, top to bottom, with some needlenose pliers or something similar. The only real option after that is replace the circuit board which the connector is mounted on, at a cost of $210.

Bill

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Also, please do NOT put thread locker or glue inside the connector. That will likely cause it to fail.