STL-11000m Firmware issue

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Frank17601, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Frank17601

Frank17601 Standard User

I have a STL-11000m that via the advanced menu in CCDOPS had the values set to default....BAD move... Since then all images have a large area of zero counts in the vast majority of the frame with some data in the form of two columns left and right. We did have the sense to do a screen shot of the values before we updated the firmware I REPEAT...BAD MOVE..... How do you reset those numbers in the hope of returning to operation. Those fields are grayed out....

Thanking in advance...

Frank

2. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Frank,

I pretty sure the value you want to reset is the Offset, is that one of the fields that's grayed out?

-Bill

3. Frank17601

Frank17601 Standard User

Yes it is grayed out.....any magic codes???

Thanks

Frank

4. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Not that I know of. I'll look into it tomorrow when I get back to work. Send me an email about it, bill@sbig.com. My phone and email are still down, probably until Wed., but I've learned how to check my work email from home so I can respond in the evening. I can't help but wonder why you were messing with this stuff in the first place?

-Bill

5. Frank17601

Frank17601 Standard User

I followed another post that recommend restoring to factory settings when having random errors...

I will email you the question. ...thanks for your time on a weekend..

Frank

6. Frank17601

Frank17601 Standard User

I am working with Bill and I am trying to use the Set USB Offset in the CCDOPS advanced menu.....Has anyone seen this run lately with a STL11000m? Im suspecting an issue with the latest CCDOPS? Jan? Could using USB3 connection be causing an issue?

Thanks in Advance,

Frank

7. Frank17601

Frank17601 Standard User

If anyone is interested?

It appears that the latest CCDOPS is broken in the advanced menu area. Well, I am not sure if it is the program or the latest drivers. But, when I reverted to the Nov 2011 version of CCDops and the drivers that are listed in the archived area of the website, the advanced section of the program worked with my STL11k, especially in the USB Offset area.

I can provide more details if someone is going to fix it, but I can understand the business decision not to bother with a discontinued product.....

Frank