Resolved STL-11000M

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Jorge Ferreira, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Jorge Ferreira

Jorge Ferreira Standard User

A few days ago, I left my STL-11000M and ST-8300C cameras taking darks, under Maxim, for several hours during the night.

Next morning, I found out that all dak frames were produced in good condition and at the correct temperature but the STL-11000M camera was disconnected, powered up, the case was very hot, the fan was stopped, the 11V alarm led was flashing quickly, and the “HOT” led alarm was on.

The camera is, since then, no longer recognized by Maxim or by CCDOPS.

After verification:

- On power on, the camera turns on but the flashing “11V” alarm shows up and, after a few minutes, the steady “HOT” alarm lights up as well; Fan stays off because there is no communication with the computer;

-

- The fan is good, runs properly when applying 12Vdc voltage from a separate source;

- The power supply brick was tested and is good. When replacing it with another ac/dc adaptor there is no improvement;

- The USB cable is good, no improvement by replacing it by the ST-8300C USB cable.

I suspect that the 12Vdc voltage regulator in the camera has failed...

Is it still possible to get hands on a new or reconditioned card where the voltage regulator is mounted on ?

Are there any other recommendations or suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

Jorge

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

There was one STL power converter module that @Bill had some spares for, but I don't know if it's the one that you need. Or if he has any left.

Anything else can't be fixed. The STL has been obsolete for years and most of the parts are no longer available.

Please contact bill at sbig dot com.

3. Jorge Ferreira

Than you so much Doug.
    I'm going to contact with Bill.

4. Jorge Ferreira

After contacting Bill, he sent me a new DC/DC converter module to replace the original one which we suspected to be the cause of the problem. This could avoid all trouble associated with sending the full camera to SBIG for repair…

Luckily, the suspicion has been confirmed !!!

Today, after replacing the converter, the dead camera started working immediately in fully operational conditions.

Thanks to Bill for the outstanding help received.

Doug likes this.