Staff Assigned: Adam Robichaud STL shutter problem

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Lewis M Cook, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Lewis M Cook

Lewis M Cook Standard User

Over a year ago, after downloading new drivers (for no reason other than to be current) I had great difficulty getting my STL 1001E to operate. I kept getting a "SHUTTER ERROR". Bill Lynch (your most valuable employee) pointed me to this forum. The first post by Adam Robichaud promised a fix "SOON". Over 14 months later, I had to use the Driver Checker again for my new STXL 6303. Since it didn't perform properly, I hooked up my STL 1001E and had the "SHUTTER ERROR" problem show up again.
    I tried installing the old drivers (again), but can't find the "%USERPROFILE%" file on any of my computers. I've done a search of my entire hard drive. I'm running Win7, if that matters.

NOTE: I found Colin's note about %USERPROFILE% and got my STL 1001E working (at least
    last night). Am I going to have to go thru this BS process whenever I switch cameras? What about my STF 8300M? My STi's? Will they work with either dll?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018