STL11000CM

Discussion in 'Image Capture' started by Knud Kjellerup, May 10, 2020.

1. Knud Kjellerup

Knud Kjellerup Standard User

Hi .
    I would just like to have an advice.
    I have a STL11000CM camera. I have had the camera for about 10 years. The camera has been working very fine. Bill Lynch has made very excellent repair 2 times in all these years - otherwise the camera has just been working fine.
    My question: I bought the camera without filters, because it was bought as CM, but because Bill told me - with the last repair - that he had upgraded the filter wheel firmware, I was thinking that maybe I would get more possibilities , if I invested in filters for this camera. But is this necessary or is it just waste of money.
    Thank you
    Knud Kjellerup

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Some people have used narrowband filters on color chip cameras. The disadvantage is that you won't get any sensitivity in many of the pixels, e.g. only the red-sensitive pixels will work through an H-alpha filter. There are things you can do in software, though, like use the Bayer Plane extract feature in MaxIm DL to pull out only the "good" pixels.

3. Knud Kjellerup

Knud Kjellerup Standard User

Thank you Doug for your response.
    I think it sounds like a good idea - to be familiar with software to extract the good stuff in the pictures - thanks for the advice.
    Knud