STL11000M Filter Wheel Problem

Discussion in 'Filter Wheels' started by Chris_HD, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Chris_HD

Chris_HD Cyanogen Customer

Hi

I recently got a 2009 STL1100M camera with build in 5 position filter wheel.
    It seems that the filter wheel does not work properly.
    If I run CCDops and start the Filter Setup the filter wheel turns initially nice but if I try to switch between filters some times it just moves the wheel back and forth but does not change the wheel position,
    In some cases it switches position but not to the expected one. In some cases it does not center the filter correct.

I already removed the filter wheel and cleaned the position sensor as well as the white markers on the side of the wheel. I also tried to tighten the central screw more or less but nothing changed the described behavior.

I run the Driverchecker and updated the installed drivers to the latest versions.
    It seems as if the whole calibration of the filter wheel positioning is out of sync. Is there a initial calibration process?

What is also strange is that in some cases I get a message that the CFW Exerciser is not supported. If I then open the Filter setup dialog again and just close it the Exerciser opens up and works. Could there be a USB communication problem that causes this behavior? I tested two different USB cables with no difference.
    The problems under CCDops are the same I get under MaximDL.

I‘m running the software and equipment connected to a WIN10 64Bit machine.
    Driver version is 4.03 Build 5

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best regards
    Christof

2. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Chris,

This can be cured by updating the firmware program (along with adjusting the FW mechanics) written into the accessory circuit board inside the camera. Unfortunately, this is not an update which can be done by the User. The camera would have to come in to have it done. Send me an email, bill@sbig.com, and I'll give you the instructions on sending it in.

-Bill