STT-8300 Adaptive optics stopped working

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by Wes G, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Wes G

Wes G Cyanogen Customer

All of the sudden my AO unit will not work. I've only had it for about 3 months or so.

I've tried all the settings I can think of and then I noticed that the red power light is not illuminated. When I unplug it and then plug it back in I get a quick red light, then it goes out again.

In MaximDL I get an image from the 8300, but only black from the guider camera.

Please help......frustrated....I was going to do a bunch of imaging over the Thanksgiving break...

Wes

2. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Wes,

1)
    The black guider image (all pixels ADU = 0) means there was no image transfer between the guider and the driver.
    Looks like missing connection between the FW8G-STT and your camera. Please check your HDMI cable first and/or
    possibly try another one.

2)
    The red light on AO-8T should blink whenever an application sends an AO command to this unit.

I would install CCDOPS from http://www.sbig.com/support/software/ , then go to the AO menu
    and try Exercise. You should hear mirror movement including read led blinking.

Also check your FW8G-STT without connected AO.

Jan