STT 8300 Ethernet connection

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by SkyMan, Jan 7, 2015.

1. SkyMan

SkyMan Standard User

I am trying to connect my camera to the Ethernet and can't seem to get connected. I have tried connecting via a router and also a switch.

I Tried using CCD Ops Detect button but it can't find the camera.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Bill

2. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Bill,

For some reason I thought you were trying to use some other type of software when we spoke on the phone earlier today. I didn't realize you'd tried detecting it in CCDOps. This isn't my strong suit here but if the IP address (?) for the network you're wanting to connect to is entered correctly and you try to "Detect" before attempting to establishing a link, it should work. I'm also assuming the Ethernet cable you're using is good. It's possible that the IC in the camera has failed. Craig, Jan, Doug, Tim(s) please feel free to clarify or correct my statements as you see fit.

-Bill

3. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Bill,
    first of all, connect your PC and STT-8300 using USB and Ethernet cables. In the case of ethernet connection use your
    router and/or switch and do not connect your PC and camera directly with ethernet cable for the first time.

Two ways to setup your IP address:

1)
    It seems to me you tried this, but please check it again:
    CCDOPS -> Misc -> Graphics/Comm setup -> Interface Ethernet -> Ethernet Address: 0.0.0.0 -> press "Detect" button.
    You should see an actual IP address of your camera. Then Establish link to that camera.
    This is shown on eth1, eth2 and eth3 attachments.

If this doesn't work, connect to your camera using USB cable, set MAC address of your camera, set the DHCP checkbox and press OK.
    You should see your IP address and other fields as shown on my eth4.png

If this complain about bad possitive integer number, close this window and reopen it again and you should see those network values.

Below is a copy of Craig Herrin's (SBIG) answer we sent to one user some time ago:
    ------
    If the STXL camera does not have the DHCP checked in the “STX/STT IP Property” dialog and the cameras current default IP and
    gateway address are not set to the PC networks same subnet the camera will not be recognized by the Ethernet detection in
    the “Graphics/Comm Setup” dialog. It will return 0.0.0.0.

The will need to be connected to a network with an active DHCP server for the DHCP to work or the customer will have to connect
    to the camera using USB and set a default IP and gateway address and then reboot the camera for the new address to become active.
    ------

Hope this helps.

Jan

Attached Files:

4. SkyMan

SkyMan Standard User

Jan
    I made some progress. I connected my Linksys router to the camera and it seemed to work.
    The Ip properties are:
    Enable DHCP checked
    IP 192.168.0.100
    Gateway 192.168.0.1
    Net Mask 255.255.255.0
    IP Port 5000
    HTTP Port 80

I got a new router and was trying to use that. It looks like it is a matter of putting the correct info
    in the IP Properties.

How do I find out how to enter the info.

Bill

5. SkyMan

SkyMan Standard User

Hi Jan,
    I finally got it figured out for the new router.

Thanks for your help.
    Bill

6. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Bill,
    Glad to hear it works now, but be aware, that the readout of the full ccd in bin 1x1 takes roughly 20 seconds.
    Jan