Resolved STT-8300 firmware update failed halfway through

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Hilmi Saleh Al-Kindy, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Hilmi Saleh Al-Kindy

Hilmi Saleh Al-Kindy Cyanogen Customer

Hi,

I was updating my SBIG STT-8300 firmware and the update failed halfway through the process. Windows still sees the camera in device manager but I am unable to connect to it. Is there anyway to force firmware update? I live in the middle east and the cost of shipping the camera to Bill is very prohibitive for me, so I would really like to exhaust all options here locally before I resort to sending it to the USA for repair.

I really hope you can find me a possible solution to my camera problem. I recall that there is a button combination that forces the firmware update, but I just can't remember what it is for the life of me.

2. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Hello! This is occasionally recoverable — if you'll allow me to log in remotely, I can see about fixing this. Is the camera accessible via Teamviewer?

3. Hilmi Saleh Al-Kindy

Yes it is accessible by team viewer. I should be able to have the camera set up for connection in around 30 minutes time. Is that OK with you? Also, how do I send you the team-viewer number privately? I am not familiar with this forum interface.

I will also make sure I can get hold of a good solid USB cable with no issues

4. Adam Robichaud

Hi Hilmi,

No need to interrupt your meal — enjoy your dinner. I'm just going to poke around and see if I can resolve the issue myself.

Cheers,
    -Adam

5. Hilmi Saleh Al-Kindy

Thank you for quickly resolving this issue for me.

6. Adam Robichaud

It's our pleasure! Don't hesitate to let us know if you need any further assistance!