Staff Assigned: Bill Lynch STT-8300 owners >>HELP PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Stephen LaFlamme, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Stephen LaFlamme

Stephen LaFlamme Standard User

OK. So i've been a happy SBIG STT-8300 owner for the past four years or so. Recently, I plugged in my camera for a night of imaging (active surge protector in-place with observatory/house electricity) and sparks came shooting out of the outlet!! I was HORRIFIED!! No reason for it. No moisture present. So, with great fear, I plugged the camera into another outlet and the camera clicks normally to begin and the fans come on and one green LED is on. Appears to be OK (whew), however, the camera will not connect with the software as it had done so many times previously. Are more yellow LEDs supposed to come on just by plugging in the camera, without computer connection? Can someone please try this and let me know what they see? I have ordered a new fuse and replaced the one inside the camera and that did not help. I am so distraught. Don't know what to do next. :(

2. Gregg Ruppel

Gregg Ruppel Cyanogen Customer

Stephane
    I had a similar issue with a used ST-8300; worked fine for a while but then would not connect. After conferring with SBIG tech support, I sent it in and the Eprom had to be reprogrammed (according to tech support). You might want to contact them to see if there are other options.

3. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Stephen,

Send me an email, bill@sbig.com, and I'll give you instructions for sending it in.

-Bill