STT-8300M

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Joe Roberts, Oct 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Joe Roberts

Joe Roberts Standard User

I have an STT-8300M camera from 4 or 5 years ago. For a variety of reasons I have not used it much until recently. I find it to be very finicky... it will not connect via USB (I've tried multiple computers). I can sometimes connect via Ethernet but it often runs for a short time (30 min to an hour) and then the connection drops out.

Does anyone have any ideas on these issues?

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Are you getting good power?

3. Joe Roberts

Yes... I have tried 2 different power supplies (one from the STT and one from an STF camera).

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

STF power supply would not have enough power for an STT. Check the power indicator LEDs with the cooler set to maximum power.

5. Joe Roberts

It did it again... showed a message "Camera Error"... power cycling did not help. Had to go to CCDops and re-detect the camera, that seemed to work (re-connecting it). I then switched back to maxim DL 6 for imaging. The camera acts like this quite often. My STF-8300C camera rarely if ever did this.

6. Joe Roberts

Will check tomorrow during the day, thanks!

7. Joe Roberts

OK, I checked the LEDs... with the unit ON and idling, only the power light is on (green). When I turn the cooler on at MAX the second LED comes on yellow.

Still having a boatload of issues connecting to the unit. I have tried everything with USB, nothing works (all drivers are up to date, but they won't apply). On Device Manager, the camera shows up as "unknown" and "not working". I can sometimes connect via Ethernet, but it is very finicky.

8. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Sounds like the power is on the low side. That can cause problems. Are you using the power brick that came with the camera? Are you using any kind of DC extension cable (e.g. through mount cabling)?

9. Joe Roberts

I am using the power supply brick that came with the camera. No extensions. I do have a 40A 12 VDC supply I could try... that will easily provide the required current. I will rig this and get back to you.

10. Joe Roberts

This issue MAY have been a driver issue... I am running the camera in the house on a 3rd machine... this one had no drivers, so when I pulled them down (using Driver Checker) it got newer ones than were on the computers I was using before. Not sure why those other computers did not update to the latest. I am connected to the camera now via Ethernet and running a longevity test. So far so good. I will update in the coming days. I have not tried USB connection yet.

11. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member