STT8300 won't control FW8S-STT

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Merrel Miller, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Merrel Miller

Merrel Miller Cyanogen Customer

Per your request, attached is the logger.txt file that we generated.

Additional pertinent information: Camera equipment: STT8300, FW-8S-STT, AO-8
    Software: MaximDL 5.25 and 6.03. Both acted identical. STT8300 Issue.JPG

Summary of issue: after updating the firmware and drivers to the latest versions subsequent to repair of camera, the filter wheel "hangs" when attempting to take image. See attached screen shot.

Please advise on next steps to resolve or if you need any additional informantion.

Thanks in advance for yor help. Merrel Miller

Attached Files:

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Have you tried the latest version 6.13 with the latest patch?

Does it work if you use "SBIG Universal" instead of "SBIG Universal w/AO"?

Have you tested with any other software such as CCDOps?

3. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Hi Merrel,

Thanks for submitting this error report. Feel free to disable the logging I enabled on your PC over the phone. We'll investigate the issue, and get back to you ASAP.

Since CCDOps is free, I would advise giving that a shot as well.

Cheers,
    -Adam

4. Merrel Miller

Tim,

Oddly, Bill Lynch (SBIG repair) and I attempted to use CCDOps but couldn't get the camera to connect, although it readily connected through Maxim. We couldn't figure this out hence the reason he called Adam. I believe in my troubleshooting that I tried SBIG Universal vs. w/AO. Before I pursued with you folks I tried many permutations but will give it a go again. Up to the point the camera was repaired and upgraded with latest firmware, my setup worked flawlessly for years. Lastly, I'd be willing to upgrade to 6.13 but would like to see if we can figure out what's wrong with the system that worked so well before the repair/upgrade. It would be unfortunate that the upgrade to 6.13 didn't in of itself fix the problem.

Thanks for your advice. Merrel

5. Merrel Miller

Tim,
    I went back and retried CCSOps with the latest version and was able to connect! When it started up, the filter wheel indexed as normal. I then took a 1 second image (Lum) and it worked fine, but when I went to change the filter to Blue, I got the attached error message. The filter mechanism did not move.

Hopefully, this might give a clue as to the problem.

Merrel CCDOps Filter.JPG