STX 16803 remote guide head

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Derek Kuhl, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Derek Kuhl

Derek Kuhl Standard User

I have a STX 16803 with the apparently old style remote guide head connector. I understand that remote guide heads for this camera are no longer being manufactured. If I were to pursue a remote guide head on the used market, how should I specify my request so that I can be sure of getting the right one? I would like to use the remote guide head with the AO-X. Are the older guide heads compatible?

Thanks
    Derek

2. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

Hi Derek,

Please look over this page.
    https://www.sbig.com/products/accessories/stt-stxl-remote-guide-head/

STX USERS PLEASE NOTE:
    Early models STX cameras used a different connector and different remote guide head than the remote guide head shown on this page. We no longer make the early version of remote guide head for these older models. You can determine the compatibility of your camera with the new remote guide head by the type of connector:

[​IMG]
    The older style remote head connector is shown at left above. The newer style HDMI type remote had connector is shown at right above.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
  3. Derek Kuhl

Derek Kuhl Standard User

Hi Tim

I looked at that page before and I have the older style connector on the left. It says that SBIG no longer makes guide heads for these camera. What are my options? Can the camera be updated? If not, which type of remote guide head do I need to look for on the used market? Are the older remote guide heads compatible with the AO-X?

Thanks
    Derek

4. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

The AO-X uses the I2C port so it would still work with the older remote guide head. The issue is you would need to find the older RGH on the used market since we don't offer them.

5. Derek Kuhl

Derek Kuhl Standard User

Thanks Tim. That is what I wanted to know.

Derek