STX 16803 Shutter

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Martin Pugh, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Martin Pugh

Martin Pugh Cyanogen Customer

Colin

can you just confirm that on power up, the guider in the STX 16803 makes a rather loud rattling noise? Is this just initializing?

If you recall a few months ago the shutter in this camera had come loose (brand new) and I found a screw inside the camera which belonged to the shutter assembly. I am pretty sure I fitted that correctly.

thanks
    Martin

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

I saw your other post about the STX Guider.
    I'm wondering if the problem is related to the miniature shutter in the STX guider has somehow come off the motor. If the shutter is loose/stuck/not turning, that may account for the strange behaviour.
    Are you sure the sound is coming from the main camera? This seems to conflict with the comments in the other post.

3. Martin Pugh

It is definitely the shutter in the main camera. I will have to remove it again to see if the shutter assembly has come loose again.

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

OK. Let us know what you find.

5. Martin Pugh

I removed the shutter assembly and found where the motor is supposed to attach to the shutter chassis. Two screws, one was very loose, the other missing but that explains the washer I also found rolling around inside the camera.

So that is now fixed.