STX amp glow problem

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Mike Rice, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Mike Rice

Mike Rice Cyanogen Customer

We have an STX at New Mexico Skies that is exhibiting an amp glow problem. We have turned off Vdd in software using CCDOps and that helped a lot (using Maxim for image acquisition). Nevertheless we are still getting a bright upper left corner. When we dark subtract a dark of exactly save exposure and temperature the dark over compensates and now we have a dark corner.

Our many other STXs here do not have this same issue. Assistance would be appreciated.

Mike Rice

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Dumb question... did you take a new dark frame and subtract it from the light frame, after changing the settings? If the conditions are truly the same it really ought to subtract out.

3. Mike Rice

Mike Rice Cyanogen Customer

Same conditions Doug and I agree it should have subtracted out. The Vdd was turned off in August.

Mike

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Okay sounds like Bill Lynch needs to have a look at it.

5. Richard Huber

Richard Huber Standard User

Doug
    I am getting amp glow in left corner with my new STXL-11002. I use the autodark function in TSX as I am too old to wait for separate darks. The glow is sometimes reduced, and sometimes not. The image and dark are taken at the same temperature. I work in a light polluted part of Florida using narrow band filters. The usual exposure is 5 minutes. Any way to improve that?
    rick

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Can you send us a matching dark and flat in FITS format?

7. Keith Burrell

Keith Burrell Standard User

I am expecting to purchase the STXL 11002 M. Can we have an update on the resolution to this issue? The first report on this subject is dated Dec 3, 2014.