STXL 11002 will not initialize

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Keith Allred, Apr 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Keith Allred

Keith Allred Cyanogen Customer

I am using the following equipment: STXL 11002 camera, FW8G filter wheel, and AO-X adaptive optics. My operating system is Windows 7, 64 bit (all updates installed). I have downloaded and installed the most recent SBIG drivers from Diffraction Limited's web site. In an attempt to solve my problem, I have powered off the computer and camera after installing the updated drivers and then repowered the computer and camera. The camera and the computer talk to each other via the USB connection which uses a USB powered hub, which I have also powered off and on. I have unplugged and re-plugged all of the USB connections, camera to USB hub to computer. I normally image with Maxim, version 6.16. Camera set up is SBIG w/ AO, and filter setup is SBIG Universal. AO driver is version 6.15.0. Camera model is SBIG w/AO, connected via USB, Guider ABG is off, Binning is On-Chip, and Guide Chip is Internal. Filter or Controlling Camera Model is SBIG Universal, Model is Standard, and Com Port is Com1.

When I try to initialize the camera, the red and green indicator lights are illuminated, but do not blink. The camera fan runs about 5 seconds and then stops running. Maxim produces the following error messages: "Could not initialize guider output. Please check guider settings, AND "Error opening camera in dual-chip mode. Could not initialize CCD camera (27). When I attempt to use the SKY-X camera module, I get the following message: "SBIG driver: Device not found. Error+30027." (The filter wheel light is illuminated when the camera is powered on. )

I do not believe that I have my equipment configured wrong, because the last time I used the equipment (several months ago), it was working.

Tomorrow I will try to run a USB cable from the camera directly to the computer, which would eliminate any problems with the USB hub (I use the USB hub because the run from computer to camera exceeds the 5 meter suggested maximum for unpowered USB connections, but for testing purposes, I can move the camera within the 5 meter limitation.)

Any suggestions?

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Error 27 indicates that the driver couldn’t open the camera. Check if it is showing up in the Device Manager.

If it’s not a cable or such then it may need service. Contact bill@sbig.com

3. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

The fan behavior is what happens when the camera gets bricked.

-Bill