Resolved STXL 6303E Power Supply cable adapter, Camera system amperage

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Evert Cooper, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Evert Cooper

Evert Cooper Cyanogen Customer

Dear SBIG, I have a STXL 6303E with a 13 volt power supply. The power supply connector has four pins arranged in a square configuration, not compatible with the STXL power pin connection. To adapt between the two pin connections I was supplied a long 86 inch cable with a power supply pin configuration one end and a STXL pin configuration on the other end.

Question: Rather than being so long, is there a simple short adapter between the two pin configurations?

Question: I am considering the PrimaLuceLab Eagle4 which has a power supply rated at 12.8 volts at 14 amps. Would this be adequate amperage for the STXL 6303E during maximum cooling, as well as supply power for a FW8-STXL filter wheel, a SC-3 guider, and a AO-X ? (I have read elsewhere on the forum that their STXL cable is suitable).

Thank you for the help,

Evert

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

We do not have a shorter version of that cable. Most people need it fairly long, so they can route it from the camera down through the mount and to the power brick.

That is ample power for running the STXL, FW-STXL, SC-3 and AO-X.

3. Evert Cooper

Thank you Doug. Very helpful. If a shorter version is available or made, would the STXL 6303E be able to use a 12 volt power brick and still meet cooling specs?

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

If you have 12V at the camera input it will be fine.

Our supplies actually output 13V to ensure that we get sufficient voltage despite the cable losses. With a short cable 12V will work just fine.

5. Evert Cooper

Thank you Doug for your quick reply. Very helpful.