STXL displaying cool off in MaximDL

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Paul Haese, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Paul Haese

Paul Haese Cyanogen Customer

Hi chaps,

my STXL has been working well until just of late. For some reason MaximDL 6.21 every now and then says that the cooler is off and the programme stalls, this causes a hang in CCDAP. When I disconnect and then reconnect, doing so Maxim says the camera is still cooling and working. Connection is as per normal and I need to just click cooling on.

What can be causing this behaviour? I am using the power brick the camera came with. Though everything is going through a UPS. Any solutions?

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Have you installed any Windows updates recently?
    This sounds like the infamous Windows Power Management - USB Selective Suspend problem. Make sure this is disabled, and check the PCIe, USB Root Hubs, USB Hubs, and USB devices to ensure [] Allow computer to turn off device to save power is disabled.
    selectivesuspend.png
    usbnoturnoff.png

3. Paul Haese

Paul Haese Cyanogen Customer

Yep already onto that. Nothing has changed in the last couple of years. Whilst I have win 7, the setting are very similar to what you have there. I checked every USB hub and connection under device manager. Everything has energy saving disabled and sleep inhibited.