TDI with STF-402?

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Karsten Schindler, Aug 23, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Karsten Schindler

Karsten Schindler Cyanogen Customer

Does the STF-402 support TDI mode?
    MaxIm DL seems to be able to read short strips, but crashes reading longer strips.
    While indistinguishable from the outside, I learned that the STF-402 has a redesigned board due to some unavailable parts from the ST-402. I wonder if that redesign descoped TDI mode?
    I have the operating manual for the ST-402, but it seems there was no revision for the STF-402, perhaps due to its similarity?

In an older "legacy" SBIG Universal Driver Library Documentation, I noticed that the ST-402 had a "special Biorad TDI acquisition mode" but it remained unclear to me what "Biorad" means, or what made this mode special? Perhaps you could provide some more insight, or how the STF-402 differed in this regard?

Thanks a lot.

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

This is from a long time ago, so memory may be foggy. TDI wasn't a priority for the STF-402, as we had already discontinued the seeing monitor. It's entirely possible TDI was not removed but not tested, either.

Biorad was an OEM customer back in the day. Apparently the mode was added for them, but that's before my time.

Unfortunately the legacy SBIG Universal drivers are no longer under active support/maintenance. The same thing goes for the firmware used in ST/STF/STT/STX/STXL/STi cameras. We stopped building all of those models after ON Semi discontinued the Kodak CCD sensors. That was over four years ago.