Unusual DARKS with STX 16803

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Abdulrahman Malawi, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Abdulrahman Malawi

Abdulrahman Malawi Standard User

Subject: STX-16803 Camera Malfunction - No Image Output

Dear Support Team,

I am reaching out to report an issue with our STX-16803 camera unit, which has unexpectedly ceased functioning correctly. Despite initially operating without any problems, the camera no longer produces images.

The camera appears to be responsive to software directives; it successfully executes commands to grab and integrate data. The mechanical shutter is operational, and the cooling system is active. However, the output remains uniformly at a single level, irrespective of the duration of the integration time set.

This persistent issue suggests that the camera is not sensitive to incoming light. To troubleshoot, I substituted the primary camera with a tracking camera, but the problem persisted, indicating no variation in output level.

For your reference, I have attached three output files that illustrate the issue:

1. Dark frame output file
    2. Imaging camera output file
    3. Tracking camera output file

I would greatly appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and any guidance you could provide to resolve this issue.

Best regards,
    A. Malawi

Attached Files:

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

I'll ask my colleague @Tim to assist. He handles repairs.

3. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Can you tell me the serial number written on the camera?

Have you tested the camera on a different computer, or with different software such as MaxIm DL, or CCDOps?