Updated MaxIm LT V6.28 cannot find STXL-6303

Discussion in 'DL Imaging Drivers - Aluma, STC, StarChaser' started by Evert Cooper, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Evert Cooper

Evert Cooper Cyanogen Customer

Dear Diffraction Limited,
    I updated MaxIM LT to v6.28 and now it cannot find my STXL6303 camera. It gives me the error message, "Error opening camera 1. Open device failed: 27. Not knowing how the software works I thought that perhaps it needs a driver update as well. So I updated my SBIG drivers and I still have the same problem.

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Evert, I received your email as well. Let's schedule a time to fix your setup via TeamViewer. One of my colleagues or myself will arrange to log in and sort out your issues.
    Let us know when you can be available. We are on Eastern Daylight Time (EDT = UTC-4).

3. Evert Cooper

Hi Colin, that would be absolutely great!! It is pretty frustrating trying to fix something that one doesn't know its idiosyncrasies. Tomorrow all day works for me. Just name your time and I will be there. Cell phone is 408 761-0572 should you wish to call me directly. In the meantime, I have reinstalled the original old drivers and now I see SBIG Camera 1 and SBIG Camera 2 on my USB hub with the device manager. But MaxIm and CCDOPS still don't see the camera (and the SC3), so I removed MaxImDl V6.28 completely and reinstalled my original MaxImDL V 6.26, and when clicking on its desktop icon I find that the program doesn't open. Perhaps that is because it strangely never asked me for the zillion long alpha-numeric license info. So things are going from bad to worse and your help would really be appreciated.
    Evert

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Please stop uninstalling/reinstalling things - it seldom helps.
    SBIG Camera A and B are the two halves of the StarChaser.
    SBIG USB Camera with firmware is the STXL.
    This all will work with 6.28, SBIG Driver Checker 4.05, sbigudrv 4.99 build 7, DL Imaging drivers 2.0.3.0.
    I don't normally work Saturdays, but will in your case - @Bill gave me a heads up about this.
    What time are you available? I don't know what time zone you are in.

5. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

And MaxIm should be set to Camera 1 = SBIG Universal, and Camera 2 = DL Imaging with the SC-3 selected by the Advanced button.

6. Evert Cooper

Hi Colin, OK, have stopped reinstalling stuff. MaxIm was set up as per your suggestion before I started updating and then removing and reinstalling stuff and Bill Lynch kindly verified it as OK. I would really like this to be fixed, but not at the expense of your days off. I am certain that you folks work hard enough as it is. Sunday is an off day, and Mondays are bad for me. How about sometime Tuesday? You pick the time. I am on Pacific Daylight Saving time, living in California, USA. I presume that you are in Ottawa, Canada, three hours ahead of me, i.e., 11 am your time would be 7 am California time, etc.