Whale Galaxy NGC4631

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Jun 15, 2018.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

Whale Galaxy NGC4631 with Canon EOS Rebel T7i 'modified-Hutech' Baader Fringe Killer 2in. Filter which cuts-off at 658nm which nearly returns
    a 'modified' DSLR to a Stock' version' TeleVue 2.5XPowerMate for 2960mm FL-95xpwr' and two 7minISO1600 and two 8minISO1600 and four 11minISO1600
    Autosave RAWMonochrome in MaximDL Pro V6.16 . I did a 'Sum' stack as 'Auto-star matching' . This the best I could get it , the image is cropped just a little
    on the edges so it is at the actual size and the Whale is 15'arc-min in lenght. I use Picture Style - Faithful-5200K because it might be using all the
    available light shades as it figures the color automatically ... because I don't know but a set Kelvin temperature might be eliminating light shades to
    create an approximate Kelvin temperature and might be causing the streaks ?.x

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

I don't see the streaks - try adjusting your black level up a bit. Play with screen stretch a bit more, and maybe try to find a star that is more like our sun in colour and adjust it. I cut the red by about 15% and adjusted black level to about 59, and it looks a bit nicer. Your work is really improving quickly.