Why can't I post under MaximDL forum?

Discussion in 'Forum and Web Site Issues' started by Peter27284, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Peter27284

Peter27284 Cyanogen Customer

It says I don't have enough privileges???? I'm a registered owner what do I need to do.

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

3. Peter27284

Peter27284 Cyanogen Customer

Tim:
    Thanks no I did NOT follow those steps but now I have. I think many customers like me would have assumed creating an account up here means you have successfully subscribed to the forum. Clearly that is not the case. You must demonstrate you actually own the product and by filling out the form with serial number THEN you will receive an email with further instructions. May I ask the reasoning behind this second step??? If I create and account up here by default I think its reasonable to assume I own the product I am seeking advice about???
    Peter

4. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Anyone can create a user account here and inquire about our products, but only customers who have paid for the software are entitled to technical support.

The reasoning is to help us focus our attention on people who have actually purchased the software legally, and not downloaded pirated copies. Please don't take this to mean I think you or most people are pirates, but we would rather dedicate our time to people who are actual paying customers...and believe me when I say...people who have illegally copied our software do actually then try to come here and consume our time.