Staff Assigned: Adam Robichaud Wrong camera?

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Magnus Lundberg, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Magnus Lundberg

Magnus Lundberg Standard User

Hi,
    After several years of using my ST8300M almost without any issues I sudenly got a very stange problem.
    When taking pictures I only get a very small field and when binning I also get black bands and very noicy and uggly images. It seems like the the camera is identifing itself as ST402 instead of ST8300!?
    Apart from showing only a small image and bands when binning the temperature regulation is also showing rising temperature when the cooling is on which then sinks back when cooling is turned of (seems like it is indicating -C temp. when it should be +C and vice versa).
    Any ideas to resolve this are appriciated!

BR
    Magnus

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Magnus, I'm just another customer.
    Have you tested it with CCDOPs ? What software were you using? Can you post a sample FITS file?

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

This could possibly happen if the EEPROM that holds the camera settings got corrupted. One of our guys may be able to reset it. Is it possible to arrange for a remote login session?

4. Magnus Lundberg

Magnus Lundberg Standard User

Thanks for your replies,
    I am using the Sky X Pro Camera Add-on for acquisition. And a remote session with TeamViewer should be possible and appreciated. I´m not at the observatory/telescope at the moment but I will post some FITS files later today.
    /Magnus

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Okay I'll ask Adam to help you.