X axis constantly running out of tilt

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by theastroimager, Dec 28, 2017.

1. theastroimager

theastroimager Standard User

Setup is AO8T, self-guiding filter wheel, ST1603ME on a 12" LX600/equatorial wedge.

Of late, the x axis will run out of tilt (go to 0%) after about 8 to 10 minutes of guiding.

I'll calibrate the unit using a suitable (non saturated) calibration star. The calibration routing runs as expected. To make sure I have a good connection to the mount, I'll use the guide relay buttons to move the 'scope in RA and DEC, and can see these commands are successful.

I'll then find a suitable guide star and start guiding. The X axis works fine, but the Y axis deflection decreases until it reaches zero.

Normally I would think the problem is that the mount isn't receiving a "bump" command, which I think is supposed to happen around 30% deflection. And maybe its not, but since I can move the 'scope with the camera relays, I don't think a faulty cable from the camera to the 'scope autoguider port is at fault.

Comments/suggestions?

Thanks

John

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Are you using MaxIm 6.16 ?

3. theastroimager

theastroimager Standard User

No. TheSkyX.

Thanks,

John

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Check to make sure that your autoguiding cable or whatever mechanism you are using is actually working. Simplest way to do that is to try and guide normally.

Other than that suggestion, I'm afraid we really can't help with TheSkyX technical support. We simply don't have the necessary knowledge of that product. I'd recommend that you take your question over to the Bisque forums.