All images have pixels reading 0 on ST-i color when shooting indoors with cap on...no noise at all?

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Dan Starr, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Dan Starr

Dan Starr Standard User

Folks just trying to get up and running with a new to me ST-i Color camera with the SBIG guiding kit lens.

When connected to either a Mac or PeeCee via CCDOps no matter how long I take a picture with the lens cap on all the pixels are reading zero. Even up to 30 seconds with the cap on there is no noise and I'm not subtracting out the dark...when I do that everything comes up 100 which is what we would expect things to be centered around.

When I take only a Dark Frame and focus the guiding kit to 3 M or so I can see inside and see the shutter close...these too come out with each pixel reading 0 when I click around on the image.

So it appears to me either the image isn't getting read out or the sensor is just not working at all.

Any ideas or suggestions extremely welcomed. Unfortunately rain and cloudy skies for the next few nights so can't try things under the stars but thinking with the above it wouldn't be too successful anyhow.

PHD 2 also recognizes the camera.

Thanks...Dan

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Could you send a sample FITS image to examine?