Canon EOS Lens Adapter for STX and STXL

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Martin Pugh, May 17, 2017.

1. Martin Pugh

Martin Pugh Cyanogen Customer

Hello

OPT have an Canon EOS Lens adapter for STXL cameras (with standard filter cover) advertised on their website, but I cannot find it in your products listing. The website also states that the item is waitlisted.

Are they in production? If so where are they on your site.

Additionally, is there a Canon EOS lens adapter for the STX 16803 fitted with the STX-CFW7?

I have one EOS adapter, but I believe I bought them to fit an STF8300 I once had.

thanks
    Martin

2. D Simpson

D Simpson Cyanogen Customer

I believe I have what you are looking for sale on AstroMart.
    Dan

3. Martin Pugh

Dan
    you will have to send me the link as I have search Astromart using both EOS and STXL as search terms and the adapter does not come up
    Martin

4. D Simpson

D Simpson Cyanogen Customer

My bad, check again.
    Dan

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The CLA lens adapters are built by taking an off-the-shelf lens adapter and changing out some of the parts for custom-made ones. Unfortunately the design of the off-the-shelf adapters changes at random with zero notice, and then they no longer work and we have to redesign the CLA. That's happened with both the Nikon and Canon lens adapters used for the STXL CLAs.

I looked into it, and we can modify a part of the Canon lens adapter to make it work. We have a small milling machine and I successfully modified one yesterday. So the CLA-X-CANON is available again.

The Nikon adapter requires a complete redesign. So I redesigned it. We'll have to build a prototype first to make sure it works okay. That will take a bit longer.

6. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

7. Martin Pugh

Thanks Doug/Tim

I have ordered one.

Cheers
    Martin