NGC7293

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Oct 19, 2018.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

Helix again but as CR2.s I put them into MaximDL Pro V6.16 and and did a "Batch Process" with 'Calibrate' because I had ISO1600 and ISO800
    and ISO3200 and ISO6400 images so I have a BIASMaster for each . Then "ConvertColor Scaling R-70 and G-80 and B-90" and then the other
    usual things and "Half Size" . Then Sum stacked the twentyone images . After that I tried everything I could to bring out the faint 'eyebrow' but
    I couldn't do it so I then put the FITS into "ImagesPlus" and I used 'Micro Curves' of the Stretch commands and 'Color Micro Curves' and it got
    revealed . In the Stretch commands is a 'Levels...' that has a dropdown list and I selected 'Black Gamma' and the slider is moved to the right
    and the background is darkened to what you want . I then put the images back into MaximDL Pro to use 'Adjust Saturation" and "Kernal Filter for
    'Dilation' and 'Average' smoothing . Canon EOS Rebel T7i 'modified by Hutech' and Baader UV-IR Cut-Off 2in. filter using a TeleVue .8XRedcr/Fltnr
    for 950mmFL with a 152m Refractor(OfficinaStellare 1200mmFL) . Here is the result .x
    The FITS is "Resize" to 6.5555 micron pixels and "Half Size" two times and will USNO-A2 'solve' .x
    This is the last time I'l try the Helix with these images .. but if I get sky again I'l try to get twice as many of them the same way .