PacMan NGC281 'Baader SII'

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Nov 4, 2018.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

I was trying to do the Bubble NGC7635 again with a Baader SII 2in. filter thru the TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener for 950mmF/L ..but ,
    I could hardly get content doing 9minISO6400 images and even 11minISO6400 ... so I looked again at the images I thought I
    did the Bubble with the SII filter but they were from September 15th and that means they were done with a Baader 7nm Ha filter .
    So the previous image is a Hydrogen Alpha image . The Baader SII images can't get that much content in the Bubble area and I have
    ten 9minISO6400 images stacked and I tried a lot of different commands from MaximDL Pro the "ImagesPlus" . Even the Helix NGC7293
    doesn't show enough content with the Baader SII and that means the Baader UV-IR Cut-Off 2in. filter is the best way .
    I have here the PacMan NGC281 for fourCR2.s Sum stacked in MaximDL Pro and PacMan shows the most using the Baader SII 'sulfur' filter.
    I used PictureStyle-Faithful 5200K with Saturation low and Contrast low and Sharpness low and Tone high to the right for more yellow-orange like
    I usually am doing , but ... in Canon Digital Photo Professional v4. I saw that PacMan liked Tone all the way to the left for the most Magenta which
    made it look redder and Saturation up higher which showed more out area at the 'object' and Shade or Cloudy Kelvin showed it ok .
    So for PacMan which has the highest 'sulfur' content I now have a User PictureStyle for Faithful with Tone all the way to the right for the most
    Magenta and Saturation way high for more content and I'l try it again when I get a chance on PacMan and see if the LCD screen shows it better ,
    But the Helix and the Bubble can't take those settings without a washout of red tint so the normal way should be used that I use instead .
    I'l try to get the Bubble again with the Baader 7nm Ha filter for the better image using 9minISO6400 .... I tried longer exposures to 15minISO6400
    and one with 'Noise Reduction ON' and 11minISO6400 images without 'Noise Reduction' and I saw that the best way is 9minISO6400 and maybe
    lesser exposure times probably will work the best .x
    The PNG is "Resize to 6.5 micron pixels" then 'HalfSize" and the FITS is "Half Size" again and 'solved' .x